As a seniority way in my Top 3 I have to start with Britney Spears. Britney Spears is more commercial, pop style, who is known as a great performer than a good singer. She started to be on my Top 1 since I can remember. Her style, songs and dancing inspired me to be a dancer when I was younger. After all her drama, I need to say that I admire her because she is the very alive example of personal growth. Her dancing energy makes me feel happy and inspires me to continue dancing every time. Also is a great one to play when you go to the gym. I, unfortunately, have never been at her concert. But I dream to assist to her new performance in Las Vegas.
As my TOP 2: Florence and the Machine. Florence and The Machine made her fame as an “Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, an Alternative/Indie Rock, and a Pop singer." [i] I love her since she released her song “Dogs days are over.” Her way to sing and her voice are very unique. No matter what she sings, you will always recognize her voice. Her relevance to me is that she has known how to grow in an environment that is very difficult to break with the stereotypes. As I said before, she makes me feel that life is one, and you have to live it up as long as you can. Her powerful songs inspires me and bring out the best of me. There’s no better than listen to “Dogs days are over” in a Road Trip in Puerto Rico, a sunny day, driving a Jeep with a cold beer in your hand, BELIEVE ME! (But watch out the cops). As I know I never heard that she did a concert in Puerto Rico, and if she did I’m a terrible fan, but I love her. "Florence writes her best songs when she’s drunk or has a hangover, because that’s when the freedom, the feral music comes, creating itself wildly from the fragments gathered in her notebooks and in her head."[ii]
And the most recent entrance on my TOP 3 its Lana Del Rey. “Lana Del Rey style is more Atmospheric, Orchestral, Retro-’60-sounding pop that showcases her touchy image and sensuously husky singing style.”[iii] Since I listened to her at her album debut of Born to Die I cannot stop listening to her. She’s now as part of my life. I have heard all of her songs, and definitely she touches hearts. What I love from her is that she puts a lot of passion to her lyrics, her voice impresses everyone, and the way she films every video in a ’60 time kill me every time. Depending of the song, she makes me feel in a different way, but all of her songs is about relationships, love, breakups, and hope.
Just being a little "Psycho Fan"
Lana Del Rey:
1. Official Website: After looking at her official site, I have to say that I feel disappointed of it. I expect more of the website than the others. It only offers you her biography, explaining her trajectory, news about her life, discography, videography, a very limited gallery pictures of her and an online store who is not working properly. I waited from this webpage more of her, and definitely it isn't user friendly. I got lost trying to understand her links, so definitely she should call me to redesign her website.
2. Lana del Rey Fan Page: This was my favorite website of her that I found. It provides you a lot of different stuff to know about. After showing you her songs, videos, and biography. What I found interesting was that they give you her tattoos and her personal quotes (not from her lyrics).
3. Lana del Rey Fan Page 2: This fan site have a very unfriendly site. They have a mix of sites together and they just show you a wall post to leave comments about Lana Del Rey. Also, they have a Quiz for the Fan that is very entertaining. And finally they offer you a space for writers to give they the opportunity to write about your favorites artists.
1. Official Website: Actually her page have a count down of her new album, and they are not showing anything, but for the records I want you to look at it and subscribe.
2. Britney Spears' Fan Page 1: BreatheHeavy.com is one of Britney's Fan. He had run this website since he was 16 years old. It's one of the most visited fan sites from the singer. Their main function is to track everything is Britney doing. Her shootings, new releases and where is she staying, and more. It's very useful if you want to know what is going on with her right now.
3. Britney Spears' Fan Page 2: World of Britney is a very complete fan page. They have since her information from her beginning until now. Backgrounds, ALL her lyrics, and a gallery that you can enjoy of Britney.
Florence + The Machine:
1. Official Website: As a completly and nice designed website, Florence + The Machine offers you a place where you can find anything of her. Since news, concerts schedules, videos, gallery and blogs to post about her and make request. Also she have an online store, having diverse things for her fans.
2. Florence + The Machine Fan Page 1: Very user friendly website, who promotes her career, images, and her current and future projects. Tracking her everything, letting you know what is she doing right now about her life and her music.
3. Florence + The Machine Fan Page 2: This website have the latest photos, news, videos and more, but in a very limited way. They dont have enough information about her, but the pictures are one that you could really enjoy.
What I've learn from my favorite artists is what they like, and what they don't. I feel closer now because I can right now understand what they have been to and their effort to be what they are right now. I have to say that the ethernet in this moment, and probably in a longer time, is a very important way to the artist to publish their works to make more fans, and to be a worldwide singer and not to be comfort with just being a local singer. If they continue selling their image in the ethernet they will still having a good fame to enjoy. But as everything in life, it have their good and bad consequences. It will depend on how you behavior in your life. And that's why very important to the artist to make a good impressions to their public to keep they happy, because one bad move could end with their careers.
In my opinion I think that those 3 artist are great, and they now how to make a good performance/sing. Many people or friends could disagree, because they will probably have a different opinion of mine. For example, they say that Britney it's a crazy person that make drama to get attention; Lana Del Rey for they could be an old style singer that doesn't make good stuff; and Florence they will probably think that she is very weird about her style, and songs. But what is important here to sustain is that the rainbow have a lot of different color, and so the opinions. That's what makes life beautiful, and I enjoy it. And finally I have to say that I feel very proud of every artist in this world, because as a dancer I know the effort that it requires to be a good performer, and no ones see that.
Lana Del Rey
Song: "This is what makes us Girls"
This is what makes us girls
We all look for heaven and we put our love first
Somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse
Don't cry about it, don't cry about it
This is what makes us girls
We don't stick together 'cause we put our love first
Don't cry about him, don't cry about him
It's all gonna happen
The prettiest in crowd that you had ever seen
Ribbons in our hair and our eyes gleamed mean
A freshmen generation of degenerate beauty queens
And you know something?
They were the only friends I ever had
We got into trouble and when stuff got bad
I got sent away, I was waving on the train platform
Crying 'cause I know I'm never comin' back.
Where you from, hows it going?
I know you
Gotta clue, what you're doing?
You can play brand new to all the other chicks out here
But I know what you are, what you are, baby
Look at you
Gettin more than just re-up
Got all the puppets with their strings up
Faking like a good one, but I call 'em like I see 'em
I know what you are, what you are, baby
Womanizer, Woman, Womanizer
You're a Womanizer, oh Womanizer oh
You're a Womanizer, baby
You you you are, You you you are
Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer (Womanizer)
Song: "Dog days are over"
Happiness hit her like a train on a track
Coming towards her stuck still no turning back
She hid around corners and she hid under beds
She killed it with kisses and from it she fled
With every bubble she sank with her drink
And washed it away down the kitchen sink
The dog days are over
The dog days are done
The horses are coming
So you better run